Application of hydro dipping film & transfer sticker
Hydrographic ink dipping film is mainly used in the water transfer printing process for a large-area pattern effect. It is widely used in metals, ceramics, electronic products printing, and so on.
Transfer sticker is also called water sticker and watercolor printing, a new surface treatment craft, can replace kinds of other printing crafts such as pad printing, silk screen printing, thermal transfer, and spraying, etc. It is characterized by clear dots and steps, with fine tone fineness, and its film surface is soft, performance is stable, transfer sticker also can be used in large-area printing as well as its operation is convenient and simple.
Water transfer printing film printed knowledge
1. Reasons of drawing (knife line) :
- The scraper has gaps or its quality is poor.
- Ink particles are large or viscosity is too high.
- Scraper angle or pressure is unsuitable.
- Poorly polished or version roller chrome surface is rough.
- The plate roller is slightly flat, the ovality is too large, or the dynamic balance is not good.
2. Solutions of drawing :
- Check if there is any gap of scraper, using sandpaper to grind scraper or replace a new one.
- Filter the ink to reduce larger particles.
- Polished the surface of the plate roller with sandpaper.
- Check the slightness, ellipticity, and dynamic balance of the plate roller.
- Re-polished or chrome plating again.
3. Net (moire) cause: ink viscosity is not suitable.
Solution: when a solid version and another web version print the netting, it is generally that the ink in the field version is too thin and the ink layer is not thick enough.
4. Rippling occurs: printing ink fluidity is bad.
- Increase the viscosity of the ink.
- Increase the printing speed.
- Correct the printing tension.
5. Same mesh has a different color: two-color and multi-color plate net line and net corner are exactly the same and some dots are completely coincident during printing, some of the dots are staggered, resulting in inconsistent visual coloring. Gray, purple, brown, and spot color superimposed of similar meshes are easy to produce the same mesh-shaped color shift.
Solution: enhance the overprint accuracy.
6. Dots occur: Due to the fluidity of the ink itself, when the 65-80 mesh is printed, some of the dots are connected together, but others are not connected together, causing an uneven printing with serious hue such as dark purple, brown, dark green, deep red, etc.
- Choose a better ink.
- Adjust viscosity of the ink.
- Correct angle of scraper or pressure.
- Enhance the printing speed.
Printing plate quality problem
Plate roller is important in the process of hydro dipping, many times the plate roller defect can not be adjusted by operation, the following summarizes the common quality problems of the plate and the relative solution.
- Blocking (plugging net) Causes :
- The ink is dry too fast.
- The mesh pit is too small, causing the ink can not easy to transfer.
- The inner wall of the net pit is not clean and smooth.
- Change a slow-drying solvent.
- Increase printing speed.
- Lower the viscosity of the ink.
- Clean the plate roller after finishing water transfer printing from hydro dipping equipment.
- Check whether the hairdryer blows the wind onto the plate roller.
2. Corrosion (chrome falling) causes :
- The plate roller is dirty.
- The plate is subject to friction or extrusion.
- Use solvent to clean the surface of the plate roller in time after hydro ink dipping.
- Clear up the plate with a clean soft cloth, and do not leave a fingermark.
- Applying low-volatility light oil on the surface of the plate roller uniformly, but please do not apply with used engine oil. Of course, special anti-rust oil is better.
- Use a film (such as a waste film, make sure the ink is facing outwards), to wrap the oil-coated plate, wrap it in corrugated paper, stand it upside down or use a shelf to keep it in a ventilated, dry, and save it in a storehouse avoiding shining directly.
- Do not arrange the warehouse on the first floor, and keep away from acids, alkalis, and other items.
Tsautop is professional hydro dipping equipment & blank water transfer printing film & hydrographic dipping film supplier from China, providing quality various pattern films for our client’s choosing, you always can find your favorite film. In other words, if you perfer your pattern designing by yourself to our available film pattern, we also offering personalized customized service for you through our blank hydro dipping film. Of course, if you have any questions about hydrographic film printers or hydro dip film, please feel free to contact us by email: [email protected].