1. What is Water Transfer Printing ?
Water Transfer Printing (also known as hydrographic, immersion printing, camo dipping, hydro imaging and cubic printing) is a surface decorating process where elaborate graphics like wood grain, carbon fiber, camouflage, geometrical designs, etc… are applied to a 3-D product surface. Water Transfer Printing process is extensively used to decorate items that range from entire all-terrain vehicles and car dashboards to small items like bike helmets or other automotive trim. Films can be applied to all types of substrates including plastic, fiberglass, wood, ceramic, and metal.
2. Is Water Transfer Printing durable?
We like to let our product speak for itself. Some of world largest clients are automobile, Camera, electronic manufacturers who demand highest standards of quality and durability. Many parts we manufacture spend the majority of their lives in direct exposure. The clear coat we use is automotive grade, designed to withstand nature and time.
3. Do I have to spray a decorated part with top coating ?
Top coating is an important part of the paint process. It assures optimal results for scratching firmness and longevity.
4. How do I apply final top coating?
Use a high quality clear coat for the final finish. Whether its flat, matt or gloss the final coat should be durable enough to protect the part. Once the clear coat has dried you need to inspect it for defects. Most minor defects like orange peel look, or debris in the finish can be wet sanded and polished out at this stage. There are a few exceptions to this.
5. How difficult is it to learn the process?
24-hours of training is conducted and historically it takes an additional period of two to three weeks to fine-tune the production line.
6. What are all the components needed to successfully produce a decorated item?
The essential components are: (1). The ink film with selected design/pattern. (2). Patented activator (3). A hand sanding device (4). A spray gun and air compressor (5). Primer, the selected base coat paint, and clear coat (6). The specifically designed water transfer printing system (7). A device or fixture to hold the item while it is being dipped (8). A constant water supply, drainage system, and an aerated room
7. What is the equipment require for immersion printing film ?
It require tanks (manual / automatic ) , washing station , oven, spray booth to finish the process of Water Transfer Printing .
8. Do I need washing station for Hydro Dipping ?
Yes, after transfer with PVA film on decorated part , it need Washing machines to clear over the subject.
9. Do I need oven to dry decorated parts?
Yes, it better dry by oven , it is because dust will cover the subject while it dry by nature ,the oven temperature should be around 50-70 degree for the plastic material.
10. What size of spray gun do you recommend for Hydrographic?
We recommend 0.8~1.3Ømm , not over 1.3Ømm , for activator it require high quality Precisely spray gun to work with it.
11. Should I set up the water tank to soak the decorated parts ?
We recommend to add more water tank to soak decorated part for ink more stable on decorated part.
12. What type of material doesn’t require base coat process ?
Normally ABS doesn’t require any base coat , but to match the design , it has to be paint the base color to match the art.
13. Can items be reprinted if transfer not correctly ?
Yes , when you done the Immersion Printing , it come with defect spot or the result unacceptable , it can remove by the activator or the chemicals , but the fast way is repaint the base coat to cover it.
14. How many film patterns do you have ?
We have Marble, Wood, Camouflage, Animal, Water drop, Flower, Flag , Cartoon, Carbon fiber, Flame, Cloud, Geometric, Skull and other design film patterns for your choice.
15. If I do water transfer printing, what is your film width available ?
We produce hydrographic film with width 50cm /60cm/ 80cm/ 100cm/ 130cm.
Our standard film width is 100cm, max width 130cm.
16. Can you offer me activator except films ?
Yes, but shipping and importing activator is very difficult, because it is dangerous, explosive,flammable chemical liquid. However, we prefer offering your activator formula, you can make activator by yourself in your country.
17. Can you customize my film design ?
Yes, you can send us AI/PDF design, original film sample, or work piece that has been printed.
18. Are you manufacturer or trading company ?
We are a 20-year WTP experience manufacturer in China.
19. Can I buy all water transfer printing material from you ?
Yes, We can produce and offer films, activator, base primer, clear coat, other chemicals, WTP machine, hydro dipping process, technology and training.
20. How can I select your film patterns ?
You can select film picture models from our dropbox ,
or we send you film booklet ( N.W 15KG, 13x18cm each pattern, more than 10000 patterns).
21. How long does your film lifetime last and keep on product surface ?
Outdoor more than 8 years, indoor more than 20years.
22. Do you have any famous customers in the world ?
Yes, we have lots of customers all over the world such as Europe, Middle-east, Asia, North America and South America, Africa, include Building materials company, cosmetic company, Electrical company, Toy company, Auto company, crafts company, Household goods company etc.
23. Can I send you dipping products, you help me finish water transfer printing?
Yes,Our company have 2 water transfer printing production lines in Zhejiang Province and can transfer various articles .let your China supplier send dipping products to our factory, we finish all processing.
24. What is your payment terms ?
T/T, Western Union, Cash, Alipay, Paypal. B/L