Full Automatic Hydro Dipping Machine – Release your Hands & Enhance your Production If you want to boom your small hydrographic dipping business , maybe you should employ more huma labor. If you employ tiros with a low salary cost , then you must teach them how to do hydro dipping , what is hydrographic
TSAUTOP HYDRO DIP SOLUTION
TSAUTOP® Hydrographics is a professional hydro dipping manufacturer with 14 years’ experience, mainly provide hydro dipping equipment, hydrographic film, hydro dipping printer & kinds of patterns hydrographic water transfer printing films, hydro dipping service, and hydrographic training. TSAUTOP updates patterns of hydrographic film every month. Moreover, TSAUTOP has been committed to helping more and more water transfer enthusiasts to establish and boom your own business.
Hot hydro dip products
Hydro Dip Equipment
Hydro Diping Service
Hydro Dip Printer
Hydro Diping kits
Hydro dip Training
LEARN MORE ABOUT HYDRO DIPPING
A New Custom Hydro Dipping Solution for Blank hydrographic film printing – Say goodbye to activator A Tsautop is hydro dip products supplier , mainly manufacture and supply water transfer printing film , blank pva film and water transfer printing dipping tank for wholesale price . Now Tsautop launch a new ink for water ink
Application of hydro dipping film & transfer sticker Hydrographic ink dipping film is mainly used in water transfer printing process for large-area pattern effect . It is Widely used in metals , ceramics , electronic products printing and so on . Transfer sticker is also called water sticker and watercolor printing , a new surface treatment
LEARN MORE ABOUT HYDRO DIPPING
TSAUTOP® hydrographic introdution
Tsautop: Your Best Hydro Dipping Equipment Manufacturer
We can train your worker free if you use our equipment until they can operate by themselves.
All hydrographics equipment are made from 2.5+2mm 201# stainless steel.All machine meet CE standard.
Our hydro dipping machine has a beautiful shape and fine welding craft.
No any leakage and glues. Easy to install and operate.
The electrical wire connecting is simple. We supply a detail manual book.
1.Hydro Dipping Tank
1.2m manual hydrographics tank for dipping small car parts, hydro dipping helmet, 2.4m and 3m long manual hydro dipping tank for hydro dipping rims, hydro dipping wheels, hydro dipping car parts.
Certainly, we can customize any size hydro dipping equipment for your requirement.
All hydro dipping tanks can be equipped with a robot dipping arm for dipping heavy or big parts. Certainly, if you need to dip more pieces parts and need to dip more stable, you must select a hydro
dipping machine with dipping arm. Because this will improve your productivity and quality.
If you feel spraying activator by hand is not convenient, you can select an automated spray activator system for the tank. It will improve the speed and evenness of the activator spraying, and this system can spray bigger size than by hand.
We can manufacture an automated spray activator system for 1.2-3m hydro dipping tank. This system is easy to install and operate.
If your located labor cost is too high, and you would like to dip a big order, you can choose TSAUTOP Fully automatic hydro dipping machine.
This machine can finish the whole dipping process by one person. It is equipped automatic film release system, automated spray activator system, hydro dipping arm.
The whole dipping process will finish in 2.5minutes and can dip dozens or hundreds of parts one time. It can dip 50-100kg weight parts. It is very suitable for medium industrial production.
If you need to build a big factory for continuous big order, TSAUTOP 8-10m automatic hydro dipping production line will be very suitable for your demand.
This hydro dipping equipment is equipped with an automatic film releasing system that can release film continuously, and an automatic spray activator system.
This hydro dipping equipment only needs one person for dipping and can produce thousands and dozens of thousands of items per day.
2.Hydrographics rinse machine
We can manufacture 1.2-3.5m long, 1-1.5wide.1.4-2m high various types of hydro dipping rinse tanks. Such as 1.2m DIY hydro dipping wash machine for rinsing small parts, training, demo, testing, practice.
1.2m automatic door hydrographics rinse machine for washing small car parts, hydro dipping helmet.
2.4m and 3m long automatic door hydrographics washing machine for hydro dipping rims, hydro dipping wheels, hydro dipping car parts.
This hydrographics washing machine equipped with 32pcs (1.2m tank)/80pcs (2.4m tank)/115pcs (3m tank) high-pressure spray nozzles, all nozzles are installed in the five sides and the bottom nozzles with a separate switch.
When rinsing light articles, you can turn off this switch. and we equip stainless steel square pipe as the holder and spread stainless steel stencil on the holder. So, it can rinse all kinds of articles not lost into the tank.
This hydrographics rinse machine is equipped with an electric lift door, can be opened and closed with one key. It is equipped with digital timer, you can set the rinsing time as you need when the rinsing reaches the set time, the machine will stop rinsing.
All working units are equipped with circuit breaker protection switches and emergency stop switch, ensure the safety of humans and machines in the emergency.
If you have a big order for producing, you can choose 2 sets 3m long rinse machine, or you can choose TSAUTOP 7-10m long automatic hydrographic rinse tank。
this hydrographic equipment can rinse many items through the continuous conveyor.
It is equipped 400pcs high-pressure nozzles to ensure clean any items when the items pass the machine.
3.Spray paint booth
We can manufacture 1.2m(single workplace) small paint booth and 2.4m(2 workplaces) standard spray paint booth。
each paint booth is equipped with a powerful fan and water pump for automatic air changing and water cycling.
It will ensure take away the paint smell and smog with air and water.
Certainly, if your local environmental protection requirements are strict, you need to choose a professional painting house equipped with a special air filtration system and wastewater treatment system.
4.Dry oven or drying tunnel
We can manufacture 0.6m-2m wide, 1.7- 2.1m high, 0.7-1.7m deep drying oven for drying primer, base coating, water, top coating in 50-150 degrees.
This is suitable for drying small items. If you need dry batch items, you can choose the drying house like a car paint drying house.
Or you can choose a 10-15m drying tunnel with conveyor, its temperature can be set from 40-150degrees. It can suit dry all kinds of materials, such as plastic, metal, etc.
5.hydrographic film printer
we can supply 4-6 colors inkjet printer for blank hydrographic film。
my hydrographic film printer covers A4, A3 size printer, and 1.3-1.6m big format hydro dipping printer.
They need special environmentally friendly pigment inks to print blank water transfer film.
6.Film winding machine
We manufacture a new Film winding machine for the film wholesalers and dealers.
This machine can divide large rolls of film into any length as required, such as 0.5m, 1m, 2m,…….
It is equipped with one knife for cutting the film into half or any width. It can wind 30-50m per minute.
In all, if you want to do or expand your hydro dipping business, TSAUTOP can support you all hydro dipping equipment and service.
Choose TSAUTOP, you are right. Don’t hesitate to call us.
HOW TO HYDRO DIP： THE FULLEST HYDRO DIPPING GUIDE
- Chapter 1: Pretreatment On Products Before Hydro Dip
- Chapter 2: What Kind Of Paint Is Used In Hydro Dipping?
- Chapter 3: Which Material Must Be Sprayed Base Coating?
- Chapter 4: How To Prepare To Hydro Dip?
- Chapter 5: How To Distinguish The Right Side Of Hydrographics Film Touching The Water?
- Chapter 6: How To Lay The Hydro Dipping Film On The Water?
- Chapter 7: When To Start To Spay The Activator?
- Chapter 8: How Much Activator Spraying To The Dip Film?
- Chapter 9: How Does Hydro Dipping Work?
- Chapter 10: How Long To Change The Water In The Hydro Dipping Tank?
- Chapter 11: How To Wash After Hydro Printing?
- Chapter 12: How To Deal With The Defected Product By Trimming?
- Chapter 13: How To Reworked Defective Products?
- Chapter 14: How To Dry The Dipped Products After Dipping And Top Coating?
- Chapter 15: The Dip Painting Method For Top Coating:
- Chapter 16: The Instructions On Finish Coat Application
- Chapter 17: How To Properly Use And Maintain The Spray Gun?
- Chapter 18: How To Do Quality Control And Packing After Finishing The Paint Dipping Process?
- Chapter 19: The Reason And Solutions For Defects In The Transfer Printing Process
Chapter 1: Pretreatment on Products Before Hydro Dip
Surface cleaning without grease or other impurity is vitally important to a successful hydro dipping process.
Experiences show many hydrographic failures come from poor pretreatment on the products.
Detailed requirements on pretreatment as follows:
1. First, inspect the products if there is obvious impurity on the surface of the products. Polish the surface with 800-1000mesh sandpaper. Carefully don’t polish too hard to leave scrapes on the surface.
2. Touch the products if the surface is smooth. If the surface is rough with sandy feeling, polish it again.
3. Observe the products if there is oil stains, dust or other impurities on the surfaces. Remove the oil stains or dust by proper methods. For example, remove the dust with a clean rag or the stains with a suitable solvent.
4. To remove the inferior pattern from the hydro dipping process, you have to use the special pattern remover.
Or if the area of defects is small, you can use 800-1000mesh sandpaper to remove the defects and trim with paintbrushes.
5. The products must keep clean after pretreatment.
6. The products must keep dry after pretreatment. Use an air dryer or blower to remove the moisture on the surface of the products. Or just leave the products in a clean and dry place (air-dry).
7. Place the pretreated products in a clean and dry location for the next process step.
Chapter 2: What kind of paint is used in hydro dipping?
About the base coating, the paint depends on your material that will dip. The paint is the normal paint, not special, but need be compounded with the diluent agent and firming agent at a special rate. Certainly, you can ask for some information from the paint shop.
Chapter 3: Which material must be sprayed base coating?
ABS doesn’t need to be sprayed base coating,
PP, PC, PS, PU, PVC, Silicone, Nylon, PA, Metal, Ceramic, all must be base coated. Each paint for base coating must match the subjects to dip. And for some material such as PP, PVC, TPU, PC, PS, you need to spray some primer to enhance the adhesion of substrates. You can consult your local paint seller. About the color of paint, you need to match the color of your substrates.
What is the curing temperature after base coating and top coating?
The temperature for base coating is 65℃ for ABS, PP, PC, PS, PU, PVC, Silicone, Nylon, PA, the baking time is15-20minutes；
the baking time for metal and ceramic is 30minutes;
The temperature for top coating is 65℃ for ABS, PP, PC, PS, PU, PVC, Silicone, Nylon, PA, the baking time is 45 minutes；
The temperature for top coating is 120℃ for metal and ceramic, the baking time for metal and ceramic is 60minutes.
Chapter 4: How to prepare to hydro dip?
1. Before hydro dipping, the products must keep clean and free from static electricity.
2. Ensure the water surface clean. No residue and activator on the water surface. Cleaning the water surface through turning on the water pump for flushing the residue, then remove the bubbles of the water with the dividers slightly and slowly.
Chapter 5: How to distinguish the right side of hydrographics film touching the water?
You have to distinguish the right side of the hydrographics film before dipping. Some hydrographics film the face side is matte, some face side is glossy, if you put the reverse side of the hydrographics film on the water, the hydrographics film won’t work, you can’t dip anything. So you can dip some water with one finger and touch a little corner of the hydrographics film, you can feel one side sticky, so this sticky side is right side towards the water.
Chapter 6: How to lay the hydro dipping film on the water?
Don’t let water drop to the other side when laying hydro dipping film on the water. So you put the film on the water with a dry hand and keep a 30-40degree angle with the water surface. Pull the ends of the hydro dipping film from one end of the hydro dipping tank to the other to avoid air bubbles. If there have some bubbles or film curling, you can remove the bubbles slightly by hand or blow it away by the spray gun. Pay attention not to damage the hydro dipping pattern.
Chapter 7: When to start to spay the activator?
The timing for spaying of the activator is also a trick for successful water transfer printing. After the film laying on the water, spraying activator has no fixed time, because many hydrographic films have different activated time depending on the blank hydrographic film, the ink, and the water temperature. The common time of spraying activator is in 45-90seconds. So, you have to observe the change in the film. When the film is spreading flat with light glimmer. Let’s start to spray activator now.
Another way to determine the time of the spray activator, you can spray little activator to the corner of the hydro dipping film, the sprayed corner will turn to a layer like thin oil on the water without wrinkles. Let’s start to spray activator now.
Chapter 8: How much activator spraying to the dip film?
This is something of skill or experience. We just run the spray gun crosswise from left to right or from the top to the bottom lengthwise. Spraying activator only one time, don’t repeat on the activated surface, because this will disturb the hydro dipping patterns. The distance of the gun to the water surface is 30-40cm. The liquid flow of spray gun needs to be adjusted to maximum, the speed of running spray gun must be slow. The usual amount of activator is 1 liter of activator to activate 30-40sqm hydrographic film by hand.
Chapter 9: How does hydro dipping work
1. Cutting the suitable size dip film, ensure the film can cover the whole article’s surface. Not too big or too small for saving your film.
2. Pay attention to the dip angle (30-45degrees), ensure that the contact area of the object with water is minimal.
3. Attention the wave direction especially the pattern of the wood grain. Or you may decide to turn the film 90°or 180° on the water. The dipping is a continuous one-step procedure, no stop during the dipping process to ensure do the best dipping.
4.when the product dipped into the water, shaking it gently in the water and remove the floating film remains and take it in a tilted angle. Do not allow the product to fall down.
5.when you finish dipping, check if there is any defect on the hydrographic patterns (bubbles or cracks). This may give you an idea for an improvement in the next dipping. If it remains to stick to the product, rinse it away with water.
Chapter 10: How long to change the water in the hydro dipping tank?
The water in the tank must be maintained at a certain level.
In the hydro dipping process, the water is not only used as media to give pressure for hydrographic dipping it also can wash away the remains. The water needs to change if you find the water is sticky or there are bubbles or lots of remains floating on the surface.
Chapter 11: How to wash after hydro printing?
1. Take care not to touch the product by finger just out of the water. The ink layer at this time is very fragile, any touch may damage the just coated pattern.
2. The purpose of washing is to remove the sticky layer on the surface. Do not apply too heavy a pressure for washing.
The heavy water pressure may damage the just coated pattern.
3. After washing, touch the product by our finger. If you feel sticky on the product, please wash it again. The sticky layer must be thoroughly washed away, or the adhesion for the finish coating will be a problem.
4. You may also need to wash the other side (the uncoated side) of the product because usually this side also needs to dip for another pattern or apply the finish coat.
Chapter 12: How to deal with the defected product by trimming?
1. Before finish coating, the defected pattern needs to be trimmed. The trimmer should prepare the same hydrographic film, activator, suitable tools such as paintbrush and sandpaper for such purpose.
2. Use the paintbrush soaked with the activator to erase the defected area.
3. Trimming is only carried out on defects of the small area. If defects in the large area are found.
This should remove all pattern or cover the whole surface by painting.
4. The trimmer should each product before delivering products to the spray booth.
5. Remove dust or impurity on the trimmed products. Place the trimmed products in a dry and clean place. Which are ready to move to the spray booth for top-coating.
Chapter 13: How to reworked defective products?
1.Instructions on dealing with inferior products before finish coating
1.1 If a pattern s locally damaged you can try to mend it by cutting off a piece of film and dipping again
1.2If a total pattern is damaged, you have to remove the total pattern with sandpaper or solvent and dip again.
2.Instructions dealing with inferior products after finish coating
2.1 If local defects such as dust points or drippings appear on surface finish, polish the local surface with wax
2.2If the whole finish surface is a failure(dripping and primer penetration in a larger area). the finish has to be removed with the solvent for renewal.
Chapter 14: How to dry the dipped products after dipping and top coating?
1. The temperature setting is essential for the baking process. The baking temperature depends largely on the material of the product, The product may be deformed or degraded under elevated temperatures.
2. The temperature setting for drying dipped products after washing.
thermoplastic and nonmetal products: less than60℃;
metal products: Max180℃, because the primer cannot stand higher temperature;
If the products are coated with two-component PU paint as a primer, you should observe exactly the paint manufacturer’s operational instructions. The purpose of drying after washing is no other than removing moisture from the products
3.Curing temperature for top coating:
The baking temperature and time depend on the nature of the finish coating. Finis coat or transparent lacquer or varnish has two types: baking type and non-baking type.
Please follow the manufacturers instructions for curing time and temperature.
Chapter 15: The dip painting method for top coating:
The top coating is a kind of transparent varnish. Paints of a different type may be used for the finish: two-component PU paint, one-component lacquer, baking lacquer gloss, and matte.
Chapter 16: The instructions on finish coat application
1.Preparation: the amount of transparent lacquer prepared depends on the number of products.
2. Prepared lacquer must be filtered with a 300mesh nylon screen.
3. Spray booth must be clean, free from dust, The floor and the floor around the spray area must be wet to prevent dust from flying over in the air.
4. Never touch or allow any object to touch the uncured surface.
5. The operator must clean the spray gun before leaving the shifting job
Chapter 17: How to properly use and maintain the spray gun
1. Clean the gun with activator before the operation
2. The key for a successful dipping process: a. the right time (when the film is totally soaked and softened) for spraying;
3. The amount of activator applied to the film. So you have to adjust the adequate spraying amount, not too less or too much.
4. You need also to adjust the air pressure, activator flow and the width of fine spray.
5. Lower air pressure results in less activator spray and vise verse.
6. Move the gun at an adequate speed not too fast or too slow.
7. The amount of activator is related to the expansion of the film (ink layer on water). In general the bigger expansion, the higher amount and vise verse.
8.On larger spray area (or larger film size). there must be 1/2 overlap between each passage of gun move. This can prevent the porous defects caused by activator volatility.
9. The newcomer may use water as the activator for training purposes. After training. the gun has to be cleaned with the activator or it will get rusty.
Chapter 18: How to do Quality Control and Packing after finishing paint dipping process
1. The checker should timely find the problem and report to the process technician to reduce the loss to the maximum.
2. First, check if the product is clean and dry.
3. Then check the pattern if there are holes(porous points)and cracks on the pattern.
4. Check if the trimmed surface is clean and the wave color is the same as the sample.
5. Check if there is dust, dripping and peeling on the paint.
6. The passed product can deliver to packing.
Chapter 19: The reason and solutions for defects in the transfer printing process
Pitting, porous holes, small bubbles or rough surface on transferred pattern surfaces.
a. Poor spray booth environment dusts in the air. Dust on products and film surface
b. The water surface is not clean: floating impurities and remains.
c. The film did not lay evenly on water. Bubbles exist between film and water surface. The water temperature is too high. The compressed air is not clean, the air is mixed with moisture oil and other Impurities (the film ink would not be fully activated and there are water drops and oil drops on the film).
d. Not enough activator sprayed or unevenly sprayed
e. The activator evaporated too fast: activating time is not enough. the film ink has not been activated to oily state(ink peel on the pattern: During the transfer printing process, the wat should be expelled from between the product and ink. The not fully activated ink may hinder expelling of water).
f. The dipping angle(normal 45°) is not correct or dipping too fast. That caused bubbles and water drops enrolled in between the product and the pattern ink.
1. The spray room must be clean. Spray wat on the ground to prevent dust from being over. Clean dust from product surfaces and work tables. Do not allow dust on ink surfaces
2.Wipe with a scape the remains away from wat surface
3. Pull the hydro dipping film gently from one end of the tank to the other at an angle of 45° (to remove any impurities and bubbles on water)
4. Check water temperature. Experiences tell 25℃-30℃ is the right temperature, Install a water separator to the air compressor. Disconnect the spray gun tube and clean away moisture and oil drops inside the tube to ensure the cleanness of the compressed air.
5. Adjust air pressure, atomization value to increase activator flow. Ensure there is 1/2 overlap between the spray passages (never spray repeatedly on the film).On a fully activated ink layer.you may find oily light glimmering
6. Change the activator from the fast-dry type into slow-dry. Adjust the spray gun to increase activator flow. Reduce the gun moving speed. Wait until the pattern ink fully activated to oily state.
7. Adjust the dipping angle to 45ºLower the product down gently and slowly to hydrographic tank so as to remove air bubbles from between the product and ink layer.
2.Obvious winkles and overlaps at corner position after dipping Reasons.
a. The water temperature is too low. (This causes the film not fully soaked or softened)
b.Soaking time(the time of film laying on water)is not enough(this causes the film not fully softened
c. Too early to spray activator to the film(This causes the tension of the ink layer and that of the ground film is not equal. The ink layer is shrunk with wrinkles on surfaces)
e.The patterned ink has not been activated to oily state(This causes the ink peel to appear on pattern surfaces)
a.Raise the wat temperature to about 25℃-30℃
b.Leave the film on water longer(the soaking time is about 120″ at 25℃water temperature).To see if the film is fully soaked or not, you may make a small test as follows: spray activator on a corner of the film. If the sprayed area appears no wrinkle and it is slightly stretched, then the soaking time is ok.
c.Do not spray until the film is completely softened and the surface tension is OK uniform.
d.Do not dip until the film ink is completely activated.
3. The pattern layer peeled off and the ground layer appears: the pattern wave is a blur; the waves appear broken; the pattern appears different in wave color shade
a. Activator sprayed too much (Over applied activator will cause slipping between the ink layer and the ground film. The of the pattern will be distorted because of such slipping).
b. The primer is too hard or over-cured(The over-cured prime is resistant to activating effect and reduces the surface between the ink layer and the ground material and will lead to the pattern deformation from slippage and shrinkage).
c.Soaking time too long(The ground film will be dissolved because of too long soaking time. Then the ground film loses function to support the ink pattern. The resultant pattern will be distorted or appear broken and over-stretched.
d.The airflow of the spray gun is too strong(The airflow blows the pattern disorder).
e.Activated time too long. (An over-activated ink pattern is floating and moving on water and the resultant picture on the product is a blur, unclear).
f.The solubility of the activator is not enough. The film ink has not been fully activated. (This may lead to discontinuous pattern waves and over-stretched pictures).
g.Dipping is not correct(This may lead to pattern shade and color difference).
a. Adjust air pressure and atomization value to reduce activator flow.
b. Choose the right primer. Adjust the hardness and curing of the primer.
c. Reduce the soaking time (120seconds at 25℃ water temperature) to ensure the film is not over-dissolved.
d. Adjust the air pressure of the spray gun. The airflow should not be so strong as to blow the mess of the pattern.
e. In general, dipping should start in 60 seconds after activator spraying.
f. Change the activator with higher solubility. Anyway, the solubility of an activator should not be adjusted too high)
g. Dip correctly. The correct start position is always where activator spray starts first and dipping at 45°(This is to ensure uniform waves and color shades of the pattern).